#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Thursday, May 12, 2016

{Month 5} & Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day to all you mommas out there!  I know I know...  It's a little late, but hey.... shouldn't we be celebrated every day? :) I've been looking forward to this for a long time now.  Because I actually got to be the one celebrated.  It was a GOOD day!  We spent time with both of our families and be with our moms.  I was spoiled!  But I ain't complainin'. ;)

Also...... Missy is now 5 MONTHS OLD. 



I. cannot. believe. it.

She has found her little piggies and loves to grab them when I change her diaper.  Which makes it a little more difficult!  It takes twice as long now, BUT that's okay!!  I'm soaking in every minute because I know it won't last forever.


BEST and saddest part is that she has two teeth already!!  I am still in shock.  We were at Payless one day and I had the stroller, so I pushed the bar down so it would tip her up and she could look up and see me.  I made her smile and I saw these two little white things just poking through.  I thought "Wait a minute....." did it again, and sure enough, TWO TEETH!  I almost cried right there in the store. She's getting too big too fast.  But she just gets more and more fun each month! 


Her FAVORITE things:
*Blowing raspberries and getting her chin as slobbery as possible.
*Splashing in the tub!
*Munching on her toys, her fingers, her sleeves, her bouncer, and pretty much everything that can get in her mouth.
*Jumping up and down like crazy in her new bouncer! If you follow me on snapchat, you've seen the  hilarious videos. (If you don't, and want to... Shoot me a message!)
*Squealing as loud as she can.
*FOOD.  She knows what's comin' when she sees a bottle.  She starts kicking her legs!  And wants to grab it.  She tries putting it to her mouth, but just needs a little more practice.  
*Getting thrown up in the air. Seriously - HUGE smile.
*Grabbing those piggies and trying to get them into her mouth.

She was right in the middle of a big squeal! haha

With Mother's Day coming and going, I got to think a lot about what a mother does and the sacrifices mothers make.  I thought about what my mom has done for me, and the things I want to pass on.  I've thought a lot about what being a mom means.  I've thought about the sleepless nights when we was first born, the many many feedings in the middle of the night.  The songs we sing together, letting my dinner get cold because she insisted she eats her dinner first.  Being a mom is definitely tough some days, but honestly, it is the BEST job in the whole wide world.  I would do it all over again.  She makes every sacrifice worth it!  

This poem titled "Dear Lord" was perfect for Mother's Day.  I can relate to it so well, and bet you mommas can too. I will keep this forever and I thought I'd share it with you guys.....

Dear Lord
Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day 
With little time to stop and pray 
For life's been anything but calm 
Since You called on me to be a mom 
Running errands, matching socks 
Building dreams with building blocks 
Cooking, cleaning, and finding shoes 
And other stuff that children lose 
Fitting lids on bottled bugs 
Wiping tears and giving hugs 
A stack of last weeks mail to read 
So where's the quiet time I need? 
Yet when I steal a minute, Lord 
Just at the sink or ironing board 
To ask the blessings of Your grace 
I see then, in my small one's face 
That you have blessed me 
All the while 
And I stop to kiss 
That precious smile

-Author Unknown


Just wanted to wish a Happy (late) Mother's Day to all you amazing mommas, mommas-to-be, and mommas-to-come. :)  


1 comment: